Dinner Idea – Burger Recipe!!
Summertime Burger’s are the best and I don’t think you should miss out on a good ol burger on the BBQ, here’s my pick
Grilled Bison-Mushroom Burgers
Adding smoky, umami-packed ground mushrooms to grilled burgers builds flavor and keeps things juicy while bumping up the patty size. This burger is super-tasty made with ground beef too, but we love bison as a sustainable alternative packed with rich flavor. Look for it in the meat section of well-stocked supermarkets.
- 8 ounces mushrooms, large ones halved
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil plus 2 teaspoons, divided
2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar plus 2 teaspoons, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Spice Islands Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into ½-inch-thick rings
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound ground bison or 90%-lean ground beef
- 3 ounces sliced dill Havarti cheese
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- Prep 35 and ready in 45 m
- Pulse mushrooms in a food processor, scraping down the sides once or twice until finely chopped but not a paste.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and the liquid has evaporated about 5 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons vinegar, garlic powder, and paprika; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Scrape into a medium bowl and spread across the bottom in a thin layer. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high.
- Toss onion in a small bowl with the remaining 2 teaspoons each oil and vinegar and ¼ teaspoon salt. Let stand, stirring occasionally.
- Add bison (or beef) and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt to the mushrooms; mix well. Form into 4 equal patties, about 4 inches in diameter.
- Grill the burgers, turning once until an instant-read thermometer registers 155°F, 8 to 10 minutes total. Grill the onions, turning once, until tender and lightly charred, 6 to 10 minutes total. Top the burgers with cheese and cook until it’s melted, about 1 minute more. Serve the burgers on buns, topped with the onions.
- Per serving: 531 calories; 33 g fat(13 g sat); 4 g fiber; 28 g carbohydrates; 31 g protein
~ Coach Dan