This is totally the book I should write! I spend more time warming up then most people and really believe and feel I reap the benefits of doing it.
Warming up before your workouts is a must!!! For injury prevention, for athletic performance and for proper movement patterns.
It doesn’t have to be a tedious affair, I’ve got a simple solution to your warming up problem. Follow my guide and watch your body respond.
1. Spend 5 minutes on the Airdyne, Assault bike, rower, jogging, skipping, the more muscles moving the better, go nice and easy. This sets the tone with bloodflow and help making you move smoother.
2. Spend 6 minutes with a lacrosse ball in the tightest muscles in your body. Pick your three tightest areas and spend 2 minutes in each. Help make them relax.
3. Spend 6 minutes stretching tight areas. Spend 2 minutes in each area slowly stretching it out. The Chinese Weightlifting team does this and they have less injuries and no negative effect on performance.
4. Spend 5 minutes going through dynamic exercises. Butt Kicks, knee highs, arm rotations etc.
5. Prep your first movement of the day, if its squats make sure your bodyweight squat is perfect before you put a bar on your back!
This type of routine will be dividends in the long run! DO IT! It takes 25 minutes and your body will love you for it. Then make sure you email me to thank me when you PR 😉